Monday, August 29, 2011

If Roland Barthes was Jack Handey

"For a superpower I think most street photographers would choose invisibility over flying. Candids would be like shooting fish in a barrel, right? But what most street photographers don't realize is they're already invisible. To manifest it you just have to behave as if you're invisible. People may yell at you more if they can see you but whatever. Your photographs will turn out the same regardless. It's how you act, not how much light you reflect. But flying is a completely different animal. Possessing the actual superpower matters. Because if a nonflyer jumps from a tall building they'll crack their head open. Duh. So I'd choose flying. Or maybe time travel. Then I'd go back and not shoot the people who were about to yell at me."

1 comment:

Jack Handy said...

If you're a cowboy and you're dragging a guy behind your horse, I bet
it would really make you mad if you looked back and the guy was reading
a magazine.