Friday, March 22, 2013

Mystery photo

This photo really threw me when I first saw it. I've known this photographer for several years now but he's never looked quite like this. Because this portrait is from 1972, way before we met. And the photo had been buried until yesterday when the shooter posted it to Facebook. I'd tell you who took the photo but that would take away all the fun. Does anyone out there in Photoland have a guess? Some of you will be seeing a lot of this guy in a few short weeks. 

4 comments:

Ben said...

Chris Rauschenberg. Do I get a print? ;-D

Stan B. said...

Definitely Ansel, possibly Brassai...

Blake Andrews said...

Sorry, Ben, no print. But you get the satisfaction of being correct. Craig Hickman who took this has been posting all sorts of old photos to Facebook in recent weeks: http://www.facebook.com/craig.hickman?fref=ts
Very fun to browse for anyone interested in Oregon history.

Ben said...

I was funnin.